Saturday 20 March 2010

Man the tonsils!

I'm full of Manflu, have been for 4 weeks, but it seems the campaign is coming to an end. That's the nice little image I have when I imagine being in, my body having an all out war with the virus. I picture 300, my white blood cells little commandos holding the line against a sea of illness.

A splinter cell heads to the nose, where they block up the entrance, shutting out further virus access. The bulk of the defence gathers at the throat, and prepares for glory. The thousand armies of the influenza empire marches against a few, but they give no quarter.

My Lemsip Max strength aids my little militia, it bolsters their shields and sharpens their spears. The day ends, few fell but each white blood cell is important against such a vast horde. Nobody sleeps that night, I'm coughing like a smoker in a TB clinic.

State of mind is a weird thing. I can feel really horrible, but if I think "When I get sick I stop being sick and stop being sick and get awesome instead" I can feel better, much better, and I feel happier.

Once I get better I can go to the gym again, or at least have one less excuse to miss it.

We will fight them in the nostrils, we will fight them in the throat, we will fight them in the synuses, and we will never surrender.

JW

No comments:

Post a Comment