Sunday 11 April 2010

Wake Up

No, not the song in the Matrix by Rage Against The Machine, just the actual act. It's 3pm, and my alarm went off at 1pm. I have snoozed it since then, that's 2 hours of snoozing once every ten minutes, 12 snoozes. Christ, why is it so hard to get up? And no, that's not a quotable erectile dysfunction admittance.

I hate waking up, sleep is just too much fun, it's pure escapism. I lack the willpower to actually wake from my slumber to the extent that I'll have conversations with people and still be asleep, because I'll say things like "I'm putting my pants on now" and have no memory of saying them. Clearly my autopilot knows the score. Lie and you sleep on.

Because I wake up at 3pm most days it's sort of bad that I never attend my 10am lecture on a monday, this happens often, I've been to maybe four seminars since january, and it's hitting me now when I have work due in and NO IDEA WHAT TO DO.

It also helps when you're lying in bed, and your flatmate comes in from work with her loverboy (for want of a better word) and breaks the silence with undeniably unrestrained moans, coupled with the bed touching her radiator leads to what sounds like a massacre on a construction site. Well at least it's brief, the 40 minutes of pillowtalk afterwards is irritating, as these walls are clearly not two bricks thick.

Should I have sex in this last month of uni, I'm making sure it's noisy, whips, ballgags, headboard hanging off touching the radiator. Bon appetite. Also, I'll do it at the insane time of FIVE AM so you lose an hour of sleep too. Thanks.

JW

No comments:

Post a Comment