Thursday 12 August 2010

Poker Diary - Day 3

I had a nice day, a very nice day, but it’s midnight now, I’m a bit tired, and I finally have the money to play a bit of poker. I throw £20 on after checking my auctions on eBay – slightly concerned that my “One Man Hug – Pick up only” joke auction has a watcher – and signing on to Facebook, and start a couple of $5 tournaments. The trick that I use is to play two tournaments, and if I’m playing on form, I’ll always win at least one, meaning I never lose per hour. Now I just need to get on form.
There’s a hand I play that in my brother’s poker games on a Friday we’d refer to as the Ashworths. The Ashworths is 79; not a good hand, but seems to win at least 50% of the time. Whenever I get the Ashworths (named after a player called Graham Ashworth who’d play them every time) I use them very aggressively, raising until the player folds, or unless he presents an actual hand. I love the Ashworths, they are a crazy hand.
Meanwhile, I go out of a tournament my QA not hitting against 88, c’est la vie. If I win the other tournament I’ll be 40cents down, mostly even. Very presentable. I will distract myself with Buzzcocks. The thing about breaking even is, I like playing, so I don’t mind not gaining, it’s better than losing. Also, you get frequent player points, of which you get around two per tournament, they can be converted into prizes like USBs and hoodies, or at least that’s the level I’m at, they do cars and plasma screen TVs too but they cost more points than I’ll get in 4 years.
Ah, my lower pockets just got beat by QA; I’m seeing a pattern emerging. Best not to think negative. QA for me, I bet big and stole the blind.
Another QA for me, out of position, stack not too healthy, I raise it big and am called by a lower stack, he has 77, I hit nothing on the flop and it looks grim, and then a bullet flies out, only a Kevlar seven can save him, and he doesn’t find it. Boom. That felt good.
That’s a win! It means so little to my balance, but to me it means a lot. I’ll play on now until I finish for the night, in a couple of hours; expect a head in hands update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment