Wednesday 11 August 2010

Poker Diary - Day 2

I don’t sleep well, not without Nightol anyway, my mind likes to think, and it takes a while to circumnavigate that issue. Eventually, we negotiated and after two hours lying in bed, I popped a Nightol and told my brain to go fuck itself.
There’s a rotation of thoughts – mixed martial arts, how I’d block, duck, weave, try a move (which never happens the way I plan it) and then there’s poker, how I’d block, duck, weave, try a move (which also never happens the way I plan it) as well as various bits of my social life and other things. After a while the Nightol kicks in and I have some more fucked up dreams, this time about cannibalism. I now am wary of a large man with close to his skin purple hair and little neck. If he turns up – shit’s going down.

Anyway, that’s off topic. Day two. I wake up quite late – 2pm and have a list of things to do around the house, so I go to it. My security deposit still isn’t in, so no poker, but I still think about it as I put some more auctions on eBay, about how this time I will be patient, reserved, bide my time, don’t make any unnecessary raises. It’s a mantra I should have tattooed on my arm.
I cook the tea, have a quick shower and go to Cobra Martial Arts Association (CMAA), where for an hour and a half I am choked, punched and kicked – and pay to do so. Later, I had a couple of mashed up eggs. A relatively poker free day: due to a relatively money free day.

No comments:

Post a Comment