Thursday 20 October 2011

New Passport

Being as I need to leave the country soon, customs requires me to have a passport that didn't expire in 2009. It also helps to not have a 10 year old picture of yourself looking like a generic child in a Carbini hoodie.

After paying an unlubricated anal molestation fee, I was promised my identity, with picture pre-Deliverance would take ten working days. To their squeal-like-a-pig-boy credit, they did it in 9 days. And then I noticed. It's not waterproof. Your picture, which was previously and wisely laminated, is now completely open to the elements. Now I need to go to the effort of airtight bagging my passport, for it will surely melt at the lightest drop of precipitation. Better yet would be if it did get wet while I was out of the country, they might not let me leave. Hooray for steps backward. I hear the government has plans to make new cars with a stone cylinder for front wheels and get gambling addicts to drive them.

And, even better than the dive into the twenties (I'm not even sure they didn't laminate as early as that), if your passport gets smeared, then you need to pay for a new one. A brand new, £95 passport, which is equally smearable. Well played, customs, well played. Should I ever have my family murdered and find the guy who did it, I'll send him to you to get a passport, it's much worse than what prison would do to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment